Partner Success Associate
BreakLine is a social impact startup that builds affordable pathways to compelling careers in tech. Our programs for veterans, women, and people of color combine skills-based training with professional networking and connect participants directly with potential employers in the tech industry. BreakLine participants find career opportunities commensurate with their experience and potential and our partner companies access a new pipeline of exceptional candidates. We collaborate closely with many industry-leading companies, including Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Gusto, and Confluent.
We are a scrappy team that sticks to our values. You can read about our work and outcomes on our homepage, through our company and founder posts on LinkedIn, and in the SF Chronicle, the Wall Street Journal, and on ABC News. Learn more about BreakLine’s origin story in this podcast episode of The BreakLine Arena.
This Partner Success Associate is a key new hire for our growing company.
BreakLine thrives when our Veteran, Maven, and Apex participants land their perfect role in the tech industry. We work with our BreakLiners hand in hand as they navigate their interview processes, including opportunities within our partner portfolio of 60 (and growing) top tech companies. We are looking for a hungry and results-driven Partner Success Associate to grow a portfolio of our newest BreakLine partner companies.
Our Customer Success (CS) team is the pivot point between our partners and participants. Partner Success Associates identify and curate multiple opportunities for each BreakLiner, leveraging their relationships with and expertise in our BreakLine partner companies to lead and coach our participants to land phenomenal roles in tech. Internally, the CS team serves as the primary advocate for our partner companies with BreakLine’s Admissions, Education, & Experience teams in order to maximize the value each company sees in their partnership with BreakLine.
As a Partner Success Associate, you will support the CS team in BreakLine’s most important outcome: employment for BreakLine participants. Our CS team has a direct impact on the growth of the company and this position will have significant revenue and social impact.
What you need to succeed:
– Belief in Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion (DEI) as a business driver for tech companies
– Willingness to hear “no” many times without losing any fire or drive to succeed
– Ability to easily build rapport with customers (participants and partner companies) in order to achieve business outcomes
– Ability to manage difficult customers or situations and demonstrated resolutions
– A love of working hard, hustling, and having a good time (this is not a 9-5 job)
– Equal parts entrepreneur and team player
At a high level, the CS team operates in the following cycle to create & close opportunities:
– Build internal champions at our new partners
– Create placement opportunities based on the demand signal from these champions
– Highlight the areas of opportunities identified as high potential for the CS team
– Advocate internally for a candidate that matches the high potential opportunity
– Pitch the opportunity to the candidate
– Prepare the candidate for the interview process
– Guide the candidate every step of the way, through to final negotiations, and remove any obstacles to their candidacy
– Repeat! Across your portfolio with as many champions and participants as possible
How this looks day-to-day:
– Constantly check in and encourage participants actively interviewing at your partner companies to ensure they are adequately prepared and supported throughout their interview processes
– Gather as many possible insights from recruiters and participants to build out unique BreakLine interview preparation content
– Develop relationships with and build shortlists for recruiters and hiring managers at your partner companies, ensuring that the curated shortlists are of the highest quality
– Obsess over guidance and feedback from partner companies in order to drive more value and expand each partnership in both breadth and depth
– Leverage your expertise on partner company and participants requirements and pattern-match roles to participants to consistently ensure there are multiple BreakLiners in process for each partner company’s roles and each BreakLiner is actively interviewing with multiple companies
– Be a thought leader to your customers regarding attracting, hiring, and retaining top-performers with nontraditional backgrounds
– Represent the voice of the customer inside BreakLine, identifying room for improvement or opportunities to seize in order to achieve partner and participant goals
– Collaborate across BreakLine Outreach, Admissions, Education, Marketing, and Experience teams to maximize value for every participant and every partner